Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sour coffee?

Sounds disgusting, right? Don't worry, it is. I guess I just felt guilty throwing out a perfectly good cup of coffee, and since it was still in the pot from yesterday, it was a cinch to reheat. (The fact that it was Starbucks Christmas Blend made me even more hesitant to dispose of it.) So I did just that -- reheated it, poured myself a cup and sat down with some peanut butter cup bars thinking it would be the perfect mid-morning treat after chasing an energy infused Oliver since the moment I opened my eyes today. What a major disappointment. I could hardly enjoy my bar because I was washing it down with nastiness. I kept thinking I would be surprised and the next sip of coffee wouldn't be as bad as I thought..nope, worse. Yuck.

4 comments:

angie said...

oh liz. i think this is a lesson in acceptance. :) i'm so sorry for your little tastebuds!

Anonymous said...

Isn't there a Proverb about a dog returning to his vomit?...

moren blog said...

i'm so sorry....not good when you're anticipating and great cup of hot, steamy coffee....Yuck!
Jill

moren blog said...

you didn't deserve that. you poor little lamb. there will be more Christmas blend next year, k? just try to move on.
love, anna