Monday, April 1, 2013

Scenes from our holiday...

We celebrated Easter at my parents' house with my brother's family, my aunt and uncle, and Andrew's parents.  [Mom and Dad just built their house this last year, and there are still a few loose ends to tie up- hence the trim situation looking an awful lot like ours.]

Celebrating Jesus with handfuls of candy before breakfast.


Helping auntie make 'Empty Tomb' rolls.

My brother Isaac, my beautiful sister-in-law, Jessica, and the lovely Daphne.

Nana and Gigi.


March Madness.

The girls were up bright and early Sunday morning, so Andrew spent part of the afternoon sitting next to his dad on the chair and a half, watching basketball through his eyelids.  He missed the Ware injury, so I had to retell it.  Thought I would maybe exaggerate (on accident, of course), but it was so dreadful, there was no room for embellishment.

My beautiful auntie Hopper (Mignonette) and a sleeping G.


Mom and Daph.  Both so pretty!

I realize it's a little premature for another family photo shoot, but if all of us are awake, nice, wearing unstained clothes, and breathing, there will be pictures taken.  Three different locations, slightly differing results. 

The outdoor attempt was..uh..an attempt.
I don't know if it's the 2 feet of snow and freezing temps, or what my problem is, but I was not ready for Easter this year.  It came, just the same.  Jesus- the Creator of the universe- became a human, lived in our sin-sick world, died a humiliating and painful death, felt the wrath of God for the sins of all mankind, and ROSE FROM THE DEAD, and all I can do for Him is make 1.2 million deviled eggs and go to church Sunday morning?  Lame.  Plus the deviled eggs weren't really for him, they were more for me.  (Side note: Andrew thought of another name to use for the eggs on Easter, seeing as DEVILED is slightly sacrilegious.  His suggestion was something stupid.. I wish I could remember.)  Joking aside, church was really wonderful, and we had a blessed day with family, so we were able to soak in and celebrate the fact that he is risen indeed! 

We also managed to make it through our carton of  Resurrection Eggs (we crammed 3 in yesterday...), so that helped focus our thoughts a little.  After opening the final *empty* egg last night:
A: Gigi, why do you think the egg is empty?
G: Beclubs (meaning because)
A: Because why?
G: Beclubs God took the candy out.
She's a confused little christian.  But Hallelujah anyhow!

1 comment:

angie said...

so sweet! and look at that little daphne. man, what cute kids you have in that family. :) happy easter and alleluia anyway to all of you!!