Saturday, January 12, 2013

Christmas Around the House


Here's how our house looked for the holidays. I try to infuse as much cheer into as many nooks as possible...


This little guy is a new Fontanini piece from my mother.  I love how many unique pieces are in this nativity.  For St. Nicholas Night, the kids each got a goat to go with the stable.

The paper trees are a project Oliver and I did to set on tables at a church brunch.  We roughly followed this idea.

That's not an illusion- the floor has more green than the tree...

I ordered my 'It's a Wonderful Life' poster a couple of years ago.  I had found it through a google search, and when it came I found out that little Zuzu Baily herself (aka Carolyn Grimes), signed and sent it!


My wonderful in laws bought me two of these adorable vintage electric candles that I found the perfect place for!...oh, except there's no power source.  Aw shucks.

Margot's cheer.


Gigi and Oliver's cheer.  I'm pretty sure George was belting out 'Silent Night' in this picture.  Regular cheermeister.

I found this yarn art nativity scene at a garage sale.  (It fits in so well in the room, I couldn't bear to take it down.)

Both of the bigger kids got flannel sheets for Christmas.  They're so pretty and oh so soft!


I raided a few antique books to find these sweet pages.


Isn't this little finger puppet nativity just the bee's knees?!  We've had it since Oliver's first Christmas 5 years ago, and I'm always in awe when we can find each person and pet at the end of the holiday.



An art project I did several years ago before I had built my Christmas decor arsenal.  Most of the magazine snippings are from J.Crew.


{I realize it's a little late for a Christmassy blog subject, but could we say better late than never and leave it at that?}

I should really take and post more pictures, since many things have found new homes around the house since boxing up all the Christmas.  What a lot of work- decorating for Christmas, working up the courage to take it all back down without shedding too many tears after New Years, rethinking everything from side tables to kids' rocking chairs to art trying to get the house to look happy again (instead of just lonely, like it does after taking away its friendly Christmas tree). 

Anyway, I'll be back sometime in the next week (hopefully!), to share a few projects I've done to pass some winter hours.  The three kids actually flip through time pretty swiftly, but they do occasionally give me peace, which I fill with my Bible and coffee and projects...and staring at walls.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

annag said...

love the decs! i want to come home for Christmas every day.
-anna