Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Happy happy happy


res·o·lu·tion
ˌrezəˈlo͞oSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    a firm decision to do or not to do something.
  2. 2.
    the action of solving a problem, dispute, or contentious matter.

I recently shared with friends what I'd like to be resolved to in 2017. I know there are some negative aspects of a New Year's resolution, but if I'm only trying to be resolute, acknowledging that there's a good chance I'll fail...is that okay? Hm.. 

Well, here it is anyway- I want to say what I mean, and not say what I don't mean. Do you know what I mean? There are always opportunities to speak or suck life. My reasons for saying or not saying what I wish I would or wouldn't is that I get nervous or rushed or absent minded or mad (or any extreme emotion). I find myself thinking a kind thing about the friend I'm with but not saying it out loud. Other times I find myself saying unkind things about people instead of keeping those thoughts to myself. I need articulation, courage, discernment, wisdom, humility. A divine act of Jesus. Basically I've resolved to pray without ceasing.

Happy New Year

1940s its a wonderful life


No comments: