Thursday, February 7, 2013

What's new under the sun...

Okay, so my camera isn't great.  Like it's bad.  So in order to get my pictures to look somewhat interesting/true to color, I mess with them in my little photo app long enough that I don't even know what I started with.  So from one picture to the next  you might think we've changed rooms, when in fact it's just me changing the way I change the pictures.  Confusing, huh?  I'm pretty tricky.
New rug in Marg's room!  I saw a little DIY chevron rug on a blog, and thought I should try it.  No- I didn't do it.  This baby came straight from Ikea looking so lovely.  My brother, who lives minutes from Ikea, picked it up for me (which I requested, it wasn't a gift.  He's not that nice.  That last part was to test him-- do you read my blog, Isaac?!) 


And after seeing this on Etsy, I had to embroider it for Margot's room, straight away!  I don't know that a quote from Dirty Dancing is the most appropriate thing for a baby's room... but it made me laugh.  Nobody puts baby in a corner.

I've been checking eBay for these vintage Kasper Wire Works gym baskets, and finally won an auction!  Vintage wire baskets are pretty spendy, but the Kasper ones are exceptionally steep.  I just thought it would be fun to sport my maiden name on a basket if I could- so I did.:)


Now we really are in a different room.  I happened to paint Oliver and Gigi's bedroom the day before the birthday party (that's how I roll), and I'm still unsure about the color.  The one that I had picked looked awfully dark on the can- when I put in on the walls it was dark and blue.  Not what I was going for.  So I went to my basement paint store, and found the gray that I had used in the family room.  It's a very warm, beige-y gray.  I mixed that with a little of the new color, and this is what I got.  I don't hate it, but it's not what I had in mind.  Oh, that little slip of paper tucked into the mirror frame was inspired by some art I saw on a nursery ideas blog.  I couldn't find the source, so I had to copy it right off the computer screen using my mad skills.  Isn't it hilarious for a shared bedroom??

4 comments:

annag said...

I love it Elizabeth!!! i did NOT know about that basket! Holy awesome!!!

Anna

Isaac Kasper said...

LIZ! I did read your blog! It is fairly well-written... must have been all those years of tutelage by a certain someone.

Liz said...

Thanks, Ise.

Anna- I KNOW! Isn't it great?! You need one.

angie said...

oh liz, I almost can't even stand it, it's all so sweet and inspiring and inspired. yes--inspiring AND inspired. I love how you collect and arrange and display all your wonderful treasures! pure sweetness.