Friday, December 7, 2007


So, here are the Toftness and Kasper families at Thanksgiving time. We're at a record pace of adding 1.5 people to the families on average each year. That's exciting stuff!



This next topic has nothing to do with these pictures, but it has been a very dominating factor in my life lately: waking up in the night with Oliver. He's been sick, so I understand that he's having a rough time sleeping, but I find myself going back to bed -after calming him- and lying there in such abstract positions, waiting, hoping that Oliver won't hear me pull the covers up. It's a very delicate process..one that Andrew doesn't seem to understand. He doesn't usually wake up when Oli does (though lately,a couple times, he miraculously has), instead, what he does on a normal occasion is rustle around and make as much noise as is humanly possible while still snoozing. So here I am, all distorted and disturbed thinking I could possibly wake my baby up by the slightest bump or fumble, and there's Andrew, completely oblivious to life in the middle of the night. I envy him. Though, I must say, those times with my baby in the wee hours are very precious to me, as I rock him back to sleep singing "Jesus Loves Wuv." He's actually turning into quite the little cuddler . What a joy.

So aside from a daddy and boy having head colds, all is well in our home. I pray the same for all.

Merry Christmas!!

6 comments:

carol said...

Oh, Elizabeth, those sleepless nights are a bugger...but, this too shall pass...amen...kinda...then you wish they were little all over again after it does pass.

moren blog said...

precious. i want to cuddle with Wuv.

moren blog said...

that was anna.

angie said...

yay!!! liz, i'm so glad you're blogging! i just killed 10 minutes of my work day by catching up with you. :) can't wait to keep reading! mind if i link you to my blog??

Liz said...

Hey, Angie! Good to hear from you..I so enjoy reading your stuff, too! You're brilliant. Go right ahead with the link!

angie said...

woot! done and done. :) blog friends forever and ever.