Thursday, January 23, 2020

You've Got This

These girls are so excited to start school! (this picture is like 2 years old and I love it so much)

You're wondering what I'll do until the baby comes in April (besides eat) now that the children are off to school? I'm beginning a career at Traditional Cabinetry! I'll be office manager/social media/PR/sander/taper person. Andrew and I have dreamed of working together, and have collaborated on some of our favorite projects (if you follow me on Instagram you've seen our most recent feat, alongside the lovely Megan Garry). We're greatly inspired by Chip and Jo who built an empire out of creativity and guts. While we're not looking to build an empire, we are hoping to draw out more beauty in this broken world via creating and setting our sights high together. Our enthusiasm builds and our dreams grow as we share and hope and stay up late talking. I've never had the dream of being an office manager (not even totally sure what it means), but let's talk more about dreams next time. This post is more about the NEED for me to come alongside Andrew.

So- assisting Andrew is one reason we've decided to take this huge leap that feels like jumping from Australia to Alaska. Andrew started TC 13 years ago (the very month Oliver was born), and as the business grows, he has continued to be alpha and omega- beginning and end. We couldn't do anything without our employees who are amazing, talented people, keeping the blades spinning and the nails nailing, and everything in between. Meanwhile Andrew is trying to set up jobs and complete jobs. He's in the office and in the spray booth within minutes of each other never quite feeling like he completed a task, like butter spread over too much bread. So I'll swoop in to save the day- obviously my office skillz and general wizardry will relieve so much stress. Winston will be the jester, entertaining us as we go, hopefully learning to read and do fractions (jokes).

And I know you want it-- Feelings Update--
The other night, after we had had a lovely tour of the girls' school and meeting of teachers and classmates, I was lying awake in a panic over what would happen to my children at school when I wasn't there (how cunning of the devil to reverse all reassurance I had felt earlier). But the Lord spoke to my heart so clearly.

"Do you think you can do a better job of protecting them than I can?" 

Here come the waterworks AGAIN. Right, God. You've got this.

No comments: